Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Not a Dream

I had this dream yesterday:

I was 15 years old, considered smart, and my teachers used to say i was wise for my age.. I learned a lot, i thank God for the success he granted me..
Suddenly I came to a place new to me, they didn’t speak my (language), I looked not like an alien to them, but just a foreigner. They forced me to attend the 2nd grade class, and start again repeating years and studies I already passed!! I tried to explain, but it seems my (language) is different, I try to scream, but I seem like the crazy girl objecting for being degraded to (heaven). I recline, enter the class, sit in the last row, have to accept the (teacher) dealing with me like I’m still a kid.
It was a hard feeling, indescribable; is it unjust? Foolishness? Their right for accepting foreigners? Or am I just getting crazy?!
I tried to scream, but this time just couldn’t, my voice betrayed me.

Finally, its not a dream, except that I’m not… 15 years old..

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's a hard feeling being strange between a group of persons, specially when you can express yourself,
i tell you something, are you still feeling lonely?

Desert Rose said...

Dear Anonymous..
its not the feeling lonely.. but feeling not-understood, wrongly estimated and such things..

(are you birdy?)

Anonymous said...

s/he wasn't me, I have just read your post. missed you so much on our last gathering. I know how you feel, you feel like you don't belong, they are not yours and you are not theirs. I'll write to you soon.
Yours always

Desert Rose said...

thanks Birdy for your sharing..i miss you all soooo much, my regards to everybody, and i'll be waiting for your news..